A pool safety fence is THE basic pool safety equipment every pool owner must have.
Therefore, shopping for a pool safety fence should be easy. With all the products on the market vying for your attention, which one will catch your eye? Standard pool barriers must all be the same. So, you’ll find that perfect pool safety fence fast, right?
BUT…. Buyer beware!
There are many so-called “pool safety fence” products that fall short of the mark. For instance, a regular baby fence you may use inside the home is not comparable to a pool safety fence. A chain-link fence on the surface may pop up under the pool fence list. But, its lattice pattern easily provides a hold for kids eager to scale the fence and make it to the pool.
Yet, between the many options you have – wrought iron, glass, wood, mesh, etc. – where do you start?
What crucial features do you focus on to select a reliable pool fence? Make sure to consider this when choosing your swimming pool fence…
Pool Safety Fence – 8 Must-Have Features
- Industry Safety Standards – Make sure the pool fence is ASTM certified. The American Society for Testing and Materials is the gold standard for testing the efficacy and safety of products worldwide. Not all fences are expressly made for securing the pool. Get that Seal of Approval!
- Safety Functionality – Locking Mechanism – Wooden gates, and chain-link fences can be simple to open with traditional locks. Our removable mesh pool fences come with a Magna-Latch® child safety lock. This award-winning product’s, dual locking system keeps little ones out. It’s weather-proof and backed by a warranty.
Scalability – Is the fence climbable? If a child can fit a hand or foot in the fence, that is not the design of a swimming pool fence. Our mesh pool fence design does not allow for a leverage point.
- Warranty – You will spend a significant amount on this layer of pool protection. Make sure it comes with a warranty. Pool Guard pool fences come with a limited lifetime warranty on material and workmanship. With Pool Guard, you can rest assured you get the best quality on the market.
- Specs – Check with your local municipality to see what the minimum height requirement is for a pool safety barrier. On average, we have seen 5 feet to be the minimum height. But, check with your city or home insurance. Our removable pool fences are custom-made to meet your required height.
- Unobstructed Views – Consider the material used for the pool security fence. Our mesh pool fences allow you to see easily through it at all times, while still providing pool protection. Looking for an economic pool safety fence, that is a good investment and complements your pool’s exterior? Consider a Pool Guard Pool Fence.
- Removable – Transform your deck at a moment’s notice
While we recommend always leaving your Pool Guard fence installed, it is fully removable. So, when you have proper adult supervision and want to open your backyard back up, you can remove it. You can’t do that with wrought iron, glass, chain link, or wooden fence. Safety is priority-one at Pool Guard. But you don’t have to sacrifice your backyard appeal.
- Custom Contour & Complementary Colors
Pool Guard pool fences are made to contour to any pool shape, from clean angular lines to the organic curves of a lagoon-style pool. PLUS, they come in a variety of natural tones and eye-catching hues that complement any setting. With the perfect color and shape – the pool’s landscape is kept seamless.
- Affordability and Value – Hands down, our pool barriers are way more affordable than their more expensive counterparts. When comparing pricing on glass, wood, wrought iron, or aluminum fencing, our mesh fencing comes out on top. Not only that, our mesh is strong and durable, made to withstand harsh elements. Our product also comes with a limited warranty on the material and installation. You can rest assured when you purchase a Pool Guard fence.